Sunday, March 15, 2009

Prayer For A Child

Prayer For A Child
Bless this milk and bless this bread.
Bless this soft and waiting bed

Where I presently shall be
Wrapped in sweet security.
Through the darkness, through the night
Let no danger come to fright
my sleep till morning once again
Beckons at the window pane.
Bless the toys whose shapes I know,

The shoes that take me to and fro
Up and down and everywhere.
Bless my little painted chair.
Bless the lamplight, bless the fire,


Bless the hands that never tire
In their loving care of me.

Bless my friends and family.


Bless my Father and my Mother
And keep us close to one another.

Bless other children, far and near,
And keep them safe and free from fear.

So let me sleep and let me wake

In peace and health, for Jesus' sake
Amen
Rachel Field

2 comments:

Missy said...

This is beautiful! So reminds me of Tuesday!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

When I was in high school, I sang this song for State. The minute I started to read the words, the tune started playing in my head...I've always loved it.