The ever so wonderful Fragrant Muse has tagged me on an award/meme. Since I have my mind set on the beach today, it is a good day not to have to think of a topic.
The rules are simple: I am to tell 10 things about myself that my readers may or may not know, but are true.
1) I like snakes. I didn't used to. I was afraid of them - until college when a house I used to go to had snakes and I started holding them. (what a couple of beers will do for bravery). Picture taken by this blogger.
2) I have body image issues. I think everyone does. I go between feeling like the dorky Jr. Higher and having a pity party over what 5 babes in 5 years did to my front side.
3) I am lazy. I am. I could do so much more with the talents, gifts, and brains I have been given. I am just lazy - welllllllll and busy raising kids ;)
4)I am 5' 8" tall and go between 125-135lbs. (a little winter insolation?) A size 4-6. While I have body image issues I realllly don't think size matters (small or not). Attitude and self care shine through everytime.
5) I suntan topless on my deck in the Spring- HA!!!! there I said it. Yep, I do. I live in the country, we are surrounded by trees. The view is blocked. I crawl (just in case) to the towel and lay there soaking in the Vitamin D after a long winter of sunless days.
6) I am not afraid of very many things but I have discovered I am terrified of 1)horror movies- willl not watch them (2) haunted houses --they are lame, but still (3) muddy bottomed lakes--- like the suck you in up to your calves and not let you go, than suck your shoe into an eternal muddy grave kind of muddy. In conclusion - there better be sand at the bottom of the lake or I ain't goin' in, and I refuse to pay to be scared.
7) I am terrible at changing my kids' sheets. In my defense they are in loft beds and soooo hard to do.
8) Feather pillows - that is it. If I don't have a feather pillow I am not sleeping. Not well anyway. (I think I spilled this on Debra's secrets at Sojourner- but not all of you have made your way over there for tea yet)
9) I don't give my dog a ton of attention but I depend on her to be here on those days and nights that Dearest is gone. It helps me not feel alone. She definetly serves a purpose.
10) I don't use antipersperant/deoderant. Gross? Not anymore. It took about a year to "cleanse" my pores of all the chemical build up. But now I sweat a little but it pretty much doesn't smell - and I use crystal spray to neutralize any odors that may start.
Bonus- I shed. I shed worse then my pomeranian. If you are in a room with me, you will probably walk away with some of my hair on you. I know! I always have. Somehow, I am not bald?
I am to pass this on to 10 bloggers. HMMMMM.... not good at passing it on. But, I will suggest:
1) Coachblogger - I haven't heard from him in awhile
2) Sandra/Worlds End Farm
3) Shelle /Blok Thoughts
6) Kaci/NeoPlains Women - get off Facebook and come back to blogging ;)
6) who ever else wants to play along or needs a topic.