Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Out My Window

Outside my kitchen window I asked a chickadee if I could take her picture, she said, "Let me get ready first" I snuck this picture while she preened. I love seeing the red leaf buds waiting for spring, it gives me hope that there will be green again!
Ready, and posed. I think she was going for sophisticated. You look fabulous dear!
This big guy flew in to see what was up and if those peanuts I put out were for him. He was rather grumbly about a photo and wouldn't look right at the camera. In fact he seemed a bit ruffled! Maybe it was the cold.

2 comments:

Tracey McBride said...

Wow, this is out your window?! What a gift. I really appreciate soothing, beautiful views from windows. At our old house my kitchen window view (where I spent most of my time) was of a wall (really:). I'm happy to say that I now am blessed with a lovely green view of pines, olive trees and ficus...I never take it for granted.

Thank you so much for sharing your luxurious view with us.

Warmly,
Tracey

It's Just Me said...

I am quite the bird fanatic. We have sooo many feeders out back! I supply them (the birds) with black oil sunflower seeds, thistle seed, and suet. In the summer I also throw out oranges. Right now the squirrels and the p.woodpecker are going crazy for the stale peanuts I tossed on the deck railing. It is fun and a great way to de-stress.