Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dirty Dozen

Confession time.
I got this idea from Moments of Perfect Clarity
who got it from Polly at Sotto Voce (Friday Confession) who.....
yeah. you get it.

I am calling mine













The Dirty Dozen

1) I am not a techie. Not even close. I remember asking julochka how everyone at blog camp could be online at the same time. I just now realized that wireless routers were available for residential properties and after a few tries got one hooked up in our house and linked to Dearest computer. (It will probably save our marriage)

2) I feel a bit righteous and above others when I wake up and it is -32.1 degrees. I feel a bit hardier, and stronger than everyone else. (I, in reality, should feel like a crazy person who isn't smart enough to move away)

3) My pants are getting looser but the scale keeps going up. I wonder where the extra weight is going? Can I pick? I chose my boobs.

4) I ignore my kids when they yell my name for the first couple of times. I am hoping maybe they will solve the problem on their own if I give them time (this so far hasn't worked)

5) I look at people who don't have kids with a stink eye when they say they are "sooooo busy" that they just don't know how they can find time to do xyz.

6) There is enough dust collecting around my house to come up with some creative dust bunny craft project .

7) I have loved having my kids around this break. In fact I have lost my patience with them a minimal amount of time and have found more enjoyment with them around the house than I thought I would..... but..... I am so ready for them to go back to school and get back on a schedule.

8) Me, the health nut has been tanning once a week at my friend's gym. It makes me feel better. 12 minutes a week - is that enough for cancer? I haven't tanned in a bed since high school, etc etc..... (covering ears at answer).

9) When I watch a movie like Wanted I feel like I too could be a spy and kick some major *ss.

10) I have been thinking about getting a tattoo. I waited until after I was 35. I told myself if I still wanted one then I would consider it. Since it is a lifetime decision I knew I shouldn't get one in my 20's and Lordy a pregnant/breastfeeding/ mom lacking sleep can't make a good decision!!! But, now at the age of 36 I am still considering it. (a tree, with my children's name scrolled into the branches)

11) I don't like sharing things - not physical things, rather experiences ... like a trip or a book, a movie or an evening out. I feel like sharing it takes away part of it from me. The things that I really enjoy I want to keep to myself sometimes. Strang? Selfish?

12) I can't. can not. no way. can I handle people standing over my shoulder while I am on the computer. I HATE it (proper time to use that word). I get the hebegebeees! To make it worse they lean on the computer chair sending me off balance (since I usually sit on my feet). Don't do it. Don't. You will be in my grudge book as #1.

10 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

My kids didn't bother me too much either, but then they slept a lot lol...

I got my first [and only so far] tattoo at 47 yo. It is the Japanesd kanji for love. I was going to have the kids names around it but the guy said it would have to be bigger than i wanted. It is on the inside of my left wrist. [why have a tat I can't see] ie: GO FOR IT

MommyLovesStilettos said...

I'm with you on #4! LOL

P.S. You have an award over at my blog :)

Happy Monday!

Laura Doyle said...

How telling! But you'd be giving me the stink eye about how busy I am. Honestly, I've spent the past 2 years of my life wondering how people with kids are even alive and functioning. If I'm this busy without kids, I can't even imagine....

Big Blue House said...

I got my tatoo when I was 58. Only advice I can give is, don't make it too big as when you get older and your skin sags.........I always hated to see my kids go back to school in the fall or after vacation. I am glad you have enjoyed them......The tanning booth, it doesn't matter how long you go each time except it will take longer to build up in your system, because that is what is bad about it you know, it builds up and that is when it does the damage. DON"T get burnt!!!! It builds up faster and you end up with an itchy spot you will never get rid of. Do you like my advice? or are your ears still covered!?

Deb said...

#11 is a surprise to me! I think you can be very generous with your experiences. I feel that in your blog all the time. Hmmm?

Deb said...

Oh yea, #9 cracked me up. I just can't see you murdering anyone. I don't think you're a very good liar either! Sorry, don't quit your day job.

Just Jules said...

Oh no Deb - I FEEL like I could be a spy. Seriously I get all energized and have crazy spy thoughts. yeah... crazy I know.

Polly said...

Great confession! I have to go back to writing confessions, they are good fun...

the first one made me laugh. I remember asking Extranjera a similarly enlightened question at the first blog camp and it went up on a bc blog a couple of times since then, I'm glad I'm not the only computer dummy in the blogosphere

I want a tatoo as well... I may get one on my 35th birthday...

math guy, dock guy said...

I can see Jules kill someone (her husband) like in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

McGillicutty said...

I hate the last one too... I will absofreakinlutely stab you in the ear with an ice pick... especially if I can hear you breathing!!!