I got this idea from Moments of Perfect Clarity
who got it from Polly at Sotto Voce (Friday Confession) who.....
yeah. you get it.
I am calling mine
The Dirty Dozen
1) I am not a techie. Not even close. I remember asking julochka how everyone at blog camp could be online at the same time. I just now realized that wireless routers were available for residential properties and after a few tries got one hooked up in our house and linked to Dearest computer. (It will probably save our marriage)
2) I feel a bit righteous and above others when I wake up and it is -32.1 degrees. I feel a bit hardier, and stronger than everyone else. (I, in reality, should feel like a crazy person who isn't smart enough to move away)
3) My pants are getting looser but the scale keeps going up. I wonder where the extra weight is going? Can I pick? I chose my boobs.
4) I ignore my kids when they yell my name for the first couple of times. I am hoping maybe they will solve the problem on their own if I give them time (this so far hasn't worked)
5) I look at people who don't have kids with a stink eye when they say they are "sooooo busy" that they just don't know how they can find time to do xyz.
6) There is enough dust collecting around my house to come up with some creative dust bunny craft project .
7) I have loved having my kids around this break. In fact I have lost my patience with them a minimal amount of time and have found more enjoyment with them around the house than I thought I would..... but..... I am so ready for them to go back to school and get back on a schedule.
8) Me, the health nut has been tanning once a week at my friend's gym. It makes me feel better. 12 minutes a week - is that enough for cancer? I haven't tanned in a bed since high school, etc etc..... (covering ears at answer).
9) When I watch a movie like Wanted I feel like I too could be a spy and kick some major *ss.
10) I have been thinking about getting a tattoo. I waited until after I was 35. I told myself if I still wanted one then I would consider it. Since it is a lifetime decision I knew I shouldn't get one in my 20's and Lordy a pregnant/breastfeeding/ mom lacking sleep can't make a good decision!!! But, now at the age of 36 I am still considering it. (a tree, with my children's name scrolled into the branches)
11) I don't like sharing things - not physical things, rather experiences ... like a trip or a book, a movie or an evening out. I feel like sharing it takes away part of it from me. The things that I really enjoy I want to keep to myself sometimes. Strang? Selfish?
12) I can't. can not. no way. can I handle people standing over my shoulder while I am on the computer. I HATE it (proper time to use that word). I get the hebegebeees! To make it worse they lean on the computer chair sending me off balance (since I usually sit on my feet). Don't do it. Don't. You will be in my grudge book as #1.