Monday, January 11, 2010

Every Super Hero Has a Nemesis

Photo #5 - Laundry

























Today is the day I make my rounds to the various baskets around the house collecting the laundry. There are then piles made for ::jeans::darks::lights::whites::delicates::towels and sheets::

Then I stuff my HE front end loading washer full of jeans - since those always seem to be in short supply around here. I continue on through the rest of the loads until they are all washed. Now you all know how this process goes - wash, dry (hang a few things to dry), fold, and put away ...wait, repeat.

This type of work kills me. There is not immediate gratification for me. Seeing those piles of clean clothes is not something I can take pride in. It is a job that is never ending. As soon as my family changes their clothes for bed the baskets will be half full again. Sigh.....

This, my dear readers, this is my Nemesis. Ever Super Hero must have at least one - and this is one of mine.

Side Note on this subject: I used to was 22-25 loads of laundry a week. When I came home from the hospital with baby #4 (and my oldest was only 5) Dearest had installed a brand new large load (3 loads at a time) washer and dryer. Lowering my wash loads down to 7-9 now. Of course it is still the same amount of clothing to fold and put away - but I went from washing/drying every day to once a week now. So - say what you want about presents with cords, but, I appreciate those kinds of gifts.

7 comments:

MommyLovesStilettos said...

When we move in a few weeks I was promised I would have brand new front loaders that wash 3 times the amount by my lovely boyfriend. I HATE having to do so many loads of laundry in a regular sized washer/dryer.

Anonymous said...

I hate laundry... I send my out...it goes away dirty, it comes back clean;)

Evonne said...

I hate laundry, but reading at how much you have, it doesn't seem quite as bad. But I don't have a dryer and that really stinks!

Deb said...

You know you are my superhero! I think The Cyclone is an appropriate superheroine name for your cleaning personae...what do you think?

Anonymous said...

HUH?
you mean someone does that?
Dang girl I had no clue someone did that washing and folding and such. You sure they don't get ready and get in the drawer themselves?

Cyndy said...

We are kindred spirits. Laundry has long been my nemesis. I could write a book about it, and maybe someday I will!

I am often heard muttering in the manner of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner: Laundry, laundry everywhere, and not a thing to wear!

My washer and dryer are named Frick and Frack. Although I hate laundry, I love them...

Cherished By Me said...

I know that ever ending pile of clothes to be washed well. :0(