Thursday, April 30, 2009

Eyes - Looking, Seeing, Thinking


Kelly from Chic Geek posted a lovely piece about her blog friends
Called Window to the Soul
First of all her words are eloquent
and
secondly, I couldn't agree more
(nor could I write it better)But, she spoke about looking into eyes:
"When I look into my eyes, I see eyes that reflect my dreams, eyes that at times have questioned my worth, eyes that reflect beauty and wonder and amazement at the world around me. Our eyes reflect our emotions. Emotion, or the lack of emotion in the eyes can tell me a great deal about an individual.

I wish I could look into all of your eyes, to really know you, to understand your dreams
..."
So, Kelly and others, here you go
This reminds me of my all
time favorite song here

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
What these eyes have been seeing this week

Downy Woodpecker

Pileated Woodpecker

Hairy Woodpecker

Camouflage

Thinking spot

9 comments:

TheChicGeek said...

Oh, Julie, I can see into your beautiful eyes and see the wonderful person you are :) I'm so touched that you would quote me...gosh, really, so, so, nice and sweet. Thank you for giving me the beautiful gift of seeing through your eyes today :)
Have a Beautiful Day!
xox

julochka said...

that's a lotta woodpeckers! cool! we don't have any in our area. but we do have a daddy and two mommy pheasants in the backyard. which is weird. in town.

love your eyelashes!

wv is krarap--isn't that what the woodpeckers say?

Sandra said...

I have nuthatches and I have seen a couple of pileated woodpeckers in nearly 20 years. You are lucky to have an abundance.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Today it was seagulls and pelicans...I didn't look into their eyes.
Your eyes are a beautiful blue gray green and look full of wonder!

A Cuban In London said...

And may I commend your eyes for allowing me to SEE such perfect beauty? Many thanks for those fantastic images.

Greetings from London.

PS: word verification 'gatica' (female pussy cat in Spanish):-D

Memories Of Mine said...

Those eyes must belong to an intelligent, kind and beautiful woman. Those eye obviously work very well to spot that squirrel

Polly said...

This is a great quote! And you do have beautiful eyes... and grrreat eyelashes!! C'mon, what's the secret???

That's a lot of woodpeckers :-) I'm so jealous you live close to the countryside.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Beautiful eyes...a window to the soul. Great capture of the woodpeckers busy at work! I like the thinking spot..especially for watching your birds.

Adrienne said...

I get excited when I spot a woodpecker - it's a rare treat for me. Thanks for the pictures!

Lovely shot of your eyes. It's true, they tell so much about a person.