Monday, May 18, 2009

Various thoughts - got to let them fly

To the gal that did my hair today - you totally rock, and I had a blast. I thought you were awesome when you were at the school and seeing you "in the work place" I realize it is because you are a good person, as well as a good stylist.

To the "girl" who was b*tching about her husband and "what he has done for you lately". Shut up! you sound awful - what have YOU done for your husband lately. Don't complain about him being out there working (most likely trying to keep your sorry butt happy) It is not like he is out drinking or having an affair. Sorry you found a guy who is trying to better your life. Try doing one nice thing a day for your man and see how much better he in turn will treat you. (I think the hair gal and I even chatted about this over the eyebrow wax this morning)

To my friend - the one who I have been 100% truthful with -the first friend ever, thank you for liking me still, or more?

To my hubby - I am here for you. I know you are working hard, and truly would rather not be gone. I am here for you and will keep trying to make your short time at home the best it can be.

To my parents - I haven't called, I know - bad bad daughter... my time will come when my kids don't call me, and I will say - oh I should have called my mom ...... Know that I am fine, the kids are grumpy and fighting and fine - come visit anytime, I forget to invite. I am grumpy and tired, but not at you.

To the man that was cleaning the glass doors at the bakery and told my kids not to touch them (while they were trying to open the door) or they would have to wash them again themselves - SCREW YOU, who the h*ll do you think you are? Back off MR. isn't it your job to wash them, and don't you understand that they are instantly going to get dirty again.

To that bright firey ball in the sky - where have you been and why must you be either hot or cold... give us poor northerners a nice slow warm up - you are melting me! But, I would much rather have it 80 then 40...so thank you sun god.
(Very typical of a Minnesotan to complain if it is hot OR cold - rarely do we approve of the weather)

Phew... I'm tired, but feel better - there you go.

Update - if you want to know how I am feeling, but couldn't verbalize go read this - amazingly well put, from my brain to her well put words Tara @ eyebuzz

22 comments:

Indiri Wood said...

Well if you have complaints for hot AND cold it's not like the sun god can be vengeful and give you the wrong one, right? So it makes complete sense!

I'm gonna go call my mom now.

Delwyn said...

Hi Jules

just wishing you

Happy days

Tara Thayer said...

Exactly. About the complaining and the kids with the sticky hands and the husband who needs as much as we do. I don't mean to creep anybody out here, but it's a two way street, ladies. I think those guys "we're" so p-d off at are just waiting for (in my husband's words) someone to be nice to them.
Isn't that what we all want?
Yes on parents, too. I guess I could add something here about jaywalking, but otherwise...exactly.

TheChicGeek said...

Hi Julie :) Isn't "Beauty Day" fun! Yesterday was mine :)
You have the right attitude about how to treat a husband. Good for you! People are always crying, "What about me?" We need to get out of that and think more about others.
Have a Happy Night!

Jessi said...

Doesn't venting give such relief?? :) And sadly, I was once a girlfriend who too often claimed it was all about me... now he's gone and this was a man I hoped to marry, mind you. Talk about a tough life lesson, yowza! So, good for you for calling out that ungrateful wife and for you yourself striving to be an awesome wife!
J :)

Ann On and On... said...

Wouldn't it be fun to have a tape recorder while listening to the lady next to you today. Then play it back so she can hear how she is coming across to others. Then perhaps passing it along to her hubs.

Favorite post today! Thanks for clearing your head with us! ;)

Homer and Queen said...

106 in Vegas today!!!

Tell the "girl" to read Dr. Laura's book and take care of her man!

I love a friend you can tell all to! Vent to me in e-mail and I will vent to you!!! We don't judge right? Plus...our chances of meeting...not so good...

You are the best!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Way to go...I wouldn't lame you one bit for telling the man off about washing the windows. Isn't that his job? And some hairdressers must really get and earful from their clients. What a book that would make!

Pattern and Perspective said...

Julie:
You do sound a bit tuckered out as of late. I think you need to go find a fab masseuse. (is that spelled right?) Anyway, I'll add the annoying old lady in the Post Office today who was griping (loudly ) at the postal worker. She was holding up the line and she swore up & down her mail was going to Timbuktu. I had to hold my tongue, I was about to tell granny to shut it. Life's too short for that crap ola! It's not the post man's fault - it is his job, but I don't agree with yelling @ people just because they work somewhere. Ugh, I want more sun too. I hear you. It's so chilly still.

Just Jules said...

This is a really hard time of year in our household. The weather is not helping at all. But, really I think I am just not trying to hide it. Why not whip up a quick blog that just makes me feel better? You can still like me if I am mad at the stupid wife next to me ;) right?

Anonymous said...

Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry

Sunshine on the water looks so lovely.

Sunshine almost always make me high

If I had a day that I could give you
If I had a tale that I could tell you

I'd give to you a day just like today.
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile.

If I had a song that I could sing for you.
If I had a wish that I could wish for you.

I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while.
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high.

Seaside Girl said...

Hope you gave the door cleaning facist what for in Real Life as well as here!

Jacquelyn Vranicar said...

I love it! The man cleaning the glass, oh dear, he must not have much else to concern himself with. Those types of comments drive me nuts- get over yourself. :)
Can I thank you again for the book you gave me for our wedding? Of course now the title escapes me... you've talked about it on your blog before...long story short- the woman verbally vomitting about her husband should read it.

Memories Of Mine said...

My kids would be the door cleaning mans worst nightmare. You just have to look at my car windows to see the mess they can make on a piece of glass. I’ll lend the to you any time you wish to go back to the door cleaning man’s building he won’t know what hit him.

Oh and 80 is pleasant weather our temperature hit 118 in February. Now that’s hot.

A Cuban In London said...

Phew! You're feisty gal! :-). I hope I am never cleaning windows when you're nearby. Not that I do that for a living :-). Many thanks for the honest post.

Greetings from London.

Mari Mansourian said...

first visit....
mother of 4 huh, wow you sound like a busy bee.
love your post today, i think you covered everyone, good for you, why else do we have a blog page, for such occasions, to do our bitching and moaning....
oh and i totally agree with the hard working husband thing you said, i have one at home and i love to take care of him, i don't get people who complain and complain about their men, get over it already.... like you said "what has she done for her man lately".
enjoyed your blog will visit again.
have a great day!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Good thoughts to you Jules!
Warmly,
Tracey

New Liberty said...

Glad you could get all that off your chest. LOL I too have been so wrapped up in my crazy life I've been blog deprived. Thanks for leaving a comment and I'll tuck that blue diamond away for your birthday. LOL. "-) Susan

Alexandra said...

Every one needs a good rant, a good vent every once in awhile. Hears hoping happier days and happier ways are closer than they appear. So glad to be back to blogging and reading your blog.

bearer of three said...

great way to let it all out....give your mom a calll im sure she will love hearing from you....and maybe they will stat with the kids and give you a break

Claremont First Ward said...

I've been here (your site, that is) before.

I would have told that window washer to take a flying leap.

I need to call my dad and grandma. On my to do list.

I just got my hair done as well. The chick next to me almost drove me over the edge with her complaining trivial chatter.....even though she wasn't talking to me, I couldn't NOT listen, shake my head and marvel that this was coming from the mouth of a grown woman and mother.

Kimberly said...

I don't think I would have been able to hold my tongue at that window-washer. I wish people would let kids be kids!