Friday, May 8, 2009

Inspiration to Break the Fog

I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood. ~Bill Watterson

Although it is not winter anymore.
The days are still cold and gray, same as my mood yesterday and this morning.
Thank you for all of your lovely and kind comments.
As I responded to several of you....it won't last long, I will rebound, I always do.
I am
The fog is lifting
Quite like it does when the sunrise reaches the tops of the trees
and has it's go at the gray.
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
There are two very noticeable things that served as the sunrise on my fog today
First:
When dandelions are beautiful

Second
This is from Stacey @
If you can't be good...be good at it

I love each and every "I am..." answer and picture I have received (especially all of you for making my crazy idea come true) I am trying to get them all up on the slideshow (that has a mind of it's own) as quickly as I can.... however (you saw that however coming didn't you?)

This particular "I am..." was the deciding factor in my mood turn around.

Background: If you read julochka's blog Moments of Perfect Clarity than you know she was featured in the online blog magazine Disco Underworld here and she talked about it in her now famous blog in a post called oh yay! So, I went online and voted for Julochka and her site to be featured in the year end edition (I think that is what I was voting for? I was in a funk yesterday!) Alright - I am getting away from the subject here! SO.... In doing so I emailed Stacey with my blog address - she found time to pop over to my little humble place in blogatopia and have a peek.

I inspired Stacey to start her very own personal blog, and she used my "I am..." challenge as the foundation for her first post. Wow, wow, double zowwee!

Now, here is the ironic thing:
I strive to inspire people
Yet I am surprised when I do!

I even wear this necklace most days:










Just the knowledge that someone who is already doing something so cool in the blog-world (DiscoUnderWorld site) for those skimming was inspired by me.... and on one of my more gray days.

Thank you Stacey we will all be watching you evolve your own personal blog.

12 comments:

Adrienne said...

Great post - you never know just what will inspire people, and how...
I've seen dandelions popping up all over both outside and blogland lately. I find them inspiring - full of tenacity, and wishes, too.

TheChicGeek said...

Hi Julie :) Isn't that neat when you can inspire somebody to do something great! You are truly an inspiration. I adore visiting you and your blog!

Have a Happy Happy Mother's Day and Beautiful weekend!
xox

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

You ARE an inspiration and one of the reasons I so enjoy reading your blog everyday. Here's hoping the gray goes and you're finding yourself having the best Mother's Day!!

Vicky said...

Oh that is a GREAT story. Its very affirming when someone gets inspired by us. It makes you feel like you matter, and YOU do. Thanks for the bright spot in an otherwise gloomy day :)

julochka said...

stacey is awesome and so are you. so glad you found inspiration in one another. hope you get a big old giant ice cream with sprinkles this weekend! ;-)

xoxox,
/j

Stacey said...

Lovely lovely lovely!!!

Thank you so much! And thanks for the inspiration in the first place!

I can see me quite getting into this blog thing, might take a leaf out of the other Julie's book and start carrying my camera everywhere, (which I like as an idea anyway because it makes you look for the extra-ordinary in the mundane).

I'm going to be expanding on my "I am" for Mal over at www.turningturning.com sometime soon, once I sort out all my thoughts!

Laura Doyle said...

First of all, those dandelion are so pretty! I thought I was the only one that enjoyed them so much. They're the perfect splash of color in the early gray days of spring. Second of all, I think I missed something. I have a bad habit of disappearing sometimes...kind of my coping mechanism, and I think during one of my sojourns into solitude, I missed this "I am" challenge. I'm going to have to check it out...I'm intrigued.

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you feel mo betta soon! Maybe the weather will get better up there!

Deb said...

You are definately inspirational. I am so glad to be online again, able to keep reading your fab blogs. Spring is definately here in VC.I'll send photos. xxoo

Adaptable Kay said...

We are all inspirational in our own way :D
I hope your days get sunny and bright and stay that way really soon!
That necklace is amazing btw.

Memories Of Mine said...

you also inspired me.
Keep up the good work :)

Janet said...

I think you deserve a big "Oh yay!" Not only for inspiring Stacey, but to be able to still write, and honestly, when you're blue and in a funk. I would probably crawl into my shell and disappear until my personal dandelions were blooming again.