Saturday, May 23, 2009

Words To Live By (at least for the long weekend)


Motto To Live By
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an
attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate* in on hand, latte* in the other,
body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

* Insert various favorable items - wine, food of choice, beer, soda etc.


Also - if you weren't by lately drop down one more post and see the answers to "Ask Jules"....

11 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I'm living that motto for sure...stop posting that picture of me!

Have a long, fruitful, WOO HOO weekend!

Just Jules said...

oh alicia how I love your comments! Sorry I didn't source you on the pic!

Catherine said...

I like it!

Mari Mansourian said...

i loved it, a friend sent it to me via e-mail the other day too. hey that's the only way i plan on "going out"
have a great weekend

Sandra said...

Well, I'm pretty well used up and I've been skidding sideways for years. I am saying WOO HOO because I'm still alive. (Got dragged a little today %#@*&^). But I'm still in the game!

Candi said...

Love this! Just the thing I needed today!

Delwyn said...

Hi Jules,
The funeral directors in our town go by the name of Drysdales.

At the farmer's market this morning over coffee a friend lamented that so many people in town are in a race to get to Drysdales!

So while I agree with you about the Nantucket sleigh ride homecoming I do want it to take quite a while!


Happy Days

Kathy B! said...

Great thoughts for the weekend... I'll insert wine, please :)

Lorac said...

No preservation here and I am more than half way there. I love the Woo Hoo Idea. Going for it>Going for it> Woo HOO!

bearer of three said...

definitely the way to live..live your life to the fullest and in the end it will make one hell of a story

Adaptable Kay said...

Haha!
Love the quote.
Definitely true! You gotta live life to the fullest and if that's with a chocolate bar in hand and whatever else crazy thing we do, then so be it!