Friday, December 18, 2009

Keeping My Hair

vi.sualize.us
It is 5:30(ish) Friday evening. Tomorrow we will get into the van and drive 2 hrs to my in-laws. It will be our first Christmas celebration of the season. In about 16 hrs we will be peddling down the road. I should be panicked, the gifts we are bringing aren't wrapped, the clothes aren't packed and I am not even sure what the kids will be wearing. The dog should get brushed so she doesn't shed so much at someone else's house, and oh goodness the house. How this little house can go from clean to NOT in 1.5 hrs is amazing to me. I wish I had one of those time warp cameras.... no, maybe I don't.

But, instead of freaking out and acting a fool, I am writing a blog. I have learned that it will come together - I will pull it together in the end. It helps that there is no longer two porta-cribs to pack (yes that is how close together we had our kids), diapers and formula are a distant memory, and the main thing we have to make sure is that noone forgot to pack underwear for the next day and a toothbrush (and paste) and if that happens - oh well...

These two things combined have been a great help during this busy holiday season. (to review -1- me less panicky -2- kids easier to pack for and to tote along, maybe #2 brings on #1) Maybe, just maybe, I will come back with just about as much hair as I left with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that dress!!Have fun and take the prozac!

Homer and Queen said...

OK that was me... must have been signed in on First Borns' acct.

Big Blue House said...

I hope your weekend went as good as you wanted it to. Can't wait to see pics of it.