Sunday, December 13, 2009

Still On Auto

I haven't even had time to to read the whole of the "Quick Start Guide" that came with my camera. The 18-55mm lens that was to come with my camera was not shipped, my 55-200mm lens was - hmmmmm. Yet, I have snapped a few pics. How could I not?!
Although, I have only moved the dial from Auto to No flash. There has to be a starting point, right ?

In honor of Julochka @ Moment's Of Perfect Clarity - here are my pics unedited. Now, I understand why she believes pics can stand on their own - because when you have a REALLY good camera - they can!

Boys in front of tree 6:30am Sunday morn'

How birds stay warm when the temps dip below zero.


The wise Kitty Lou


That look is hereditary (btw) he got it from me
(I have a perma wrinkle between my brows)

Self Portrait with my camera ala Julochka style
(yes, she sold me a loooong time ago)

10 comments:

Ann On and On... said...

Lucky. I'd so jealous of your new toy!

Have fun!! I'll enjoy seeing the photos....

Anonymous said...

pics look great! New cams cool!

julochka said...

aww, a love letter to nikon. it really warms my heart. :-) and to be honest, the auto settings they've created are good, so it's ok to stay on auto, but before you know it, you'll want to wander off and learn more...

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

I adore my Nikon D60! I remember those first days when EVERYTHING was interesting to photograph. Your photo of the kids in front of the tree is amazing.

Gaia said...

Oh no I am really going to get me one now, It's not cheap and I have been toying with the idea for months. Wish I could get that as a present. A gift from heaven perhaps!!

Cyndy said...

I LOVE the christmas tree picture. The photography is great, but the emotions you clicked even better! That would make a lovely Christmas card...

So glad you are having fun with your new toy! Maybe your new Nikon will even help the Midwest grays look brighter!

Deb said...

I love the new self portrait...the golden glow is gorgeous, you are too! Have fun.

Big Blue House said...

I love your pic in the mirror and of course my favorite is the boys in front of your beautiful tree. Waiting to see more. Love you more.
Check out my new post. I laughed, I hope you do also.

Unknown said...

Wow! Great shots...and I am so envious of your new camera. : ) I think I raw pics...they're so honest.

Indiri Wood said...

The boys in front of the tree is so darling. And the winter bird photo is just beautiful!