Tuesday, December 8, 2009

To:

To My Children: I know you hate school. Everybody hates school. Once you get there I know that you enjoy yourself at least part of the day - but like all things, getting there is the hard part.

To My Hubby: Thank you for saying "You are beautiful" when you woke me yesterday, I smiled thinking about it all day.

To My Family: All I really want for Christmas is what I just ordered: A Nikon D60. So, money to help pay for this purchase REALLY would be appreciated. OR a Nikon D60 for Dummies book. If that is not ok with you, then a girt card to Gander Mt. for clothes will work too.(weird huh? but that is where I buy all my clothes)

To The Preschool: Thank you for taking my four totes of toys for the holiday store. I can not tell you what a relief it is to get rid of all that clutter. Especially when it goes to such a good cause.

To Our Christmas Tree: Don't fall over again. One time a season is all I can handle.

To The Cats: Stay the h#ll out of the Christmas tree. See above.

To Global Warming or Weather Pattern Change or whatever you want to call it: we need snow. My kids tried to make a snow angels and made it turned out to be more of a grass angels.

To The Christmas Spirit: Please come find me. I am finding it harder and harder to conjure up. This is bad because my kids are getting more and more excited as the years pass. (hopefully we will surpass each other and they can start decorating and setting the mood).

To Hannah: You are the best babysitter - I am so excited to have you babysitting this weekend!

To The World: Please level off for me so that I can start doing things like watching movies and reading books again. I miss it, it is my two favorite things to do (beside blogging)

To The Pipeline Workers in Town: I know "y'all" are from Texas, Florida, Georgia, and other deep South states. I know this snow and ice is throwing you and your "big ole" diesel trucks for a loop... but, really move aside and let the rest of us go as you figure out how to drive in these conditions.

To Everyone on FaceBook: I am usually kidding - I wish there was a symbol or sign for sarcasm, that way people would know I was JUST KIDDING.

To Corabela: I received the soaps and am sooooo in love! I can hardly unwrap and use them. They are just too pretty. I will show everyone (that is you) these soaps very very soon (maybe tomorrow if the sun shines so I can take a better pic)

To You Reading: Thanks :)

8 comments:

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

Wonderful list. I especially like the note to the pipeline workers!

Eliane Zimmermann said...

i love that post! i would extend my wishes to the internet-supplier: please don't tell us that we spent most of our monthly account of 5 GB in one week because that's not possible - even with visiting about 10 blogs a day and without any youtubing or similar activities. so now you know, that' s the reason for my rare visits to your lovely place. cheers from third world ireland eliane

Adan said...

you're welcome

Deb said...

Great Gratitude List! That's the way to get the spirit..focus on the beauty in life. Loved your FB message too! Life is good...you are good!

math guy, dock guy said...

Stuff on your mind lately? Glad you could get it off your chest.

Thanks. Love You.

Homer and Queen said...

I'm with you...buy your own Christmas presents! Otherwise you never get what you want.

Mari Mansourian said...

to Jules.. thanks for keeping it real for us...always, and i'm with you on the FB thing... why does everyone there take us so seriously??

Gaia said...

Wow this is a wonderful idea ... say it like it is. Feel freer after that. Hope you don't mind I would like to try this sometime. Bless you.